Free Trial Version of Modern Pipe Stress Analysis Software PASS/START-PROF
The PASS/START-PROF is a pipe stress analysis software that has a long history since 1965, see update history. It is industry standard in several countries for power, process, oil and gas pipelines, and district heating networks, used by 3000+ companies.
The translation into English was carried out only recently, and we are new to the international market. So we invite all engineers to get acquainted with PASS/START-PROF.
To learn what is PASS/START-PROF pipe stress analysis software you may visit the resource center. You will find a webinar recordings, articles and presentations in pdf. Also you may refer to online help system.
Try to work with the program yourself, download the fully functional 30-day trial version from passuite.com/trial!
PASS/START-PROF Installation Steps
- Step 1: Open passuite.com/trial in your browser and download PASS/START-PROF Trial by clicking the following button:
- Step 2: Install PASS/START-PROF Trial. Please read the Quick Start Guide to see how to do it. Run PASS/START-PROF. Start > Programs > START-PROF > Start-Prof
Step 3: Enter email, click the “…” button. Receive the email from PASS LMS and click the link inside the e-mail. Copy the confirmation code and paste it in in registration card program and press OK.
PASS/START-PROF will start working immediately. You will see the following screen
If you receive the message about problems with internet connection and your company has the proxy, try to enable it in the registration form:
If you didn’t receive the e-mail, check your spam folder. If failed, try to use another e-mail, for example gmail.com. If failed again, then ask developers.
Some of the typical problems with solution are described below.
1Error message #60 “SERVER_PROBABLY_NOT_UP”
It means that PASS/START-PROF can’t reach the license management server (LMS).
Possible reasons and solutions of Error #60:
- Windows Firewall or corporate firewall or internet provider firewall blocks incoming or outgoing traffic via UDP/6001. Change firewall settings to allow all traffic through UDP/6001
- You may try to use mobile internet from your cell phone using the wi-fi hot spot to overcome the restrictions and firewall that block the UDP/6001 traffic on your laptop
- If corporate restrictions can’t be changed, then try to run PASS/START-PROF Trial from the different place (home, work, etc.)
What to do after installation?
Once the installation is finished you can open the example models and review analysis results as shown below
Follow the video for creating any simple piping model:
Watch the workshop recording and try to repeat:
- 00:00 Intro
- 14:13 How to model the vessel nozzle
- 16:00 How to model the nozzle flexibility using WRC 297
- 21:02 What is the local and global flexibility
- 23:00 How to reduce the loads on equipment
- 35:17 How to model the nozzle flexibility using FEA
- 38:47 How to check the nozzle stress using WRC 531/297, FEA
- 41:35 How to model the pump, compressor, turbine
- 50:30 How to check the loads on the pump, compressor, turbine
- 51:12 How to consider the more accurate SIF and k-factors according to ASME B31J
- 53:00 Smart tee model according to ASME B31J
- 01:00:50 How to model the tank nozzle: settlement, bulging effect, thermal expansion, flexibility
- 01:03:53 How to check the loads on the tank nozzle using API 650, STO and FEA
- 01:07:45 How to show working only one pump in the same time
01:09:52 How to take into account the various operating modes with different P, T, etc.
- 01:16:23 Why pipe never returns to installation state and friction forces are not zero
- 01:17:50 Why stress range should be calculated from hot to cold state instead of installation state
- 01:20:45 How to avoid zero intermediate anchor loads
- 01:25:28 How to model the buried piping
- 01:41:25 How to analyze piping for the water hammer loads
- 01:47:30 How to add the seismic loads
Also you can refer “How To” training video series for beginners by clicking here (20 videos):
Or you can create your own simple model. It will not take more than 5-10 minutes from your busy schedule. Watch this tutorial video (from 02:45) for creating the simple U-shaped loop model and thereafter analyzing it.
Also, you can create an underground or buried piping model (underground piping). It will take about 5-10 minutes. Please watch this tutorial video (from 07:25):
Create an HDPE piping model (PE100). It will take about 5-10 minutes. Please refer to this tutorial video:
Also, Create the FRP piping model (Wavistrong 55). It will take about 5-10 minutes. Please watch this tutorial video for help: