February 8, 2021
Pipe Stress Analysis Webinar and Workshop Recording
This workshop was performed during Plant Engineering Workshop 2020 (PEW20) at the International Institute of Plant Engineering and Design (InPED).
In this workshop recording you will see:
- How to model the pressure vessel
- How to consider vessel thermal expansion
- How to consider the vessel nozzle flexibility
- What is the global and local flexibility?
- How to check the nozzle allowable loads
- How to check the nozzle stresses using WRC 537/297 and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- How to model the pump, turbine, compressor
- How to check the allowable loads on pump, turbine, compressor
- How to reduce the loadы on equipment
- How to consider the more accurate tee flexibilities and SIF factors using ASME B31J
- How to model the tank nozzle flexibilities, subsidence, bulging, and thermal expansions
- How to check the tank nozzle loads using API 650 and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- How to create the load cases with different temperatures, pressures, etc.
- How to avoid the zero anchor loads
- How to model the buried piping, what is a restrained and unrestrained zone
- How to model the water hammer loads
- How to add the seismic loads